Is Gutter Guard Truly Worth the Buy?
Here at Professional Gutter & Drain, we have had over 30 years of experience with gutter guard/gutter protection. One of our most common questions we are asked: “Is Gutter Guard Truly Worth the Buy?” Short answer…yes! Now there is quite a bit of science that is involved with gutter protection, and choosing the right type of gutter guard for your home is highly important. What many homeowners run into as they are deciding on what type of gutter guard to choose from, is that there are so many different styles of gutter guard. Each one is claiming that you would never need to clean your gutter and downspout system ever again. Now, this is true with some types of gutter guard, but certainly not all of them. Also, another important note is that you will still need to maintenance ANY type of gutter guard you install. Yes, every product needs to be maintained in some sort of fashion. Now that being said here are some bad qualities to be aware of when trying to decide:
BUYERS BEWARE OF:
- Long and tiresome sales pitch
- “Piggy-Backing”- meaning adding materials on bigger jobs to bring your cost down.
- Flexible schedule for additional discount
- Calling a manager for additional discount
- Other excuses or reasons to “save the sale”
- High pressure sales tactics such as sharp price drops
- Steer clear of any product made from plastic or vinyl components. They will break down over time and eventually fail.
GOOD QUALITIES TO LOOK FOR:
- Made in the USA
- Stainless Steel Micro Mesh
- At least a 20 year warranty
- Friendly & reliable service
- Quality craftsmanship
Again, you will still need to maintenance even the best types of gutter guard out there, but the maintenance is much less than having to clean your gutters 2-3 times a year. It is very important to keep your gutter system working properly, and investing your money into the right type of gutter protection for your home could save you thousands later on down the road. Some of the issues you could face with improperly functioning gutters is:
- Damaged Foundation
- Leaking in basement
- Leaking in windows
- Damaged valuables
- Pest infestation
- Roof damage
If you are in the market for gutter guard, our advice to you is to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, & RESEARCH! We want you to make an educated decision on your investment. If there is any questions you may have, just feel free to reach out to us. We are happy to help. Thank you for reading!